2020 – 2021 Update
Since the start of 2020, we have put in thousands of volunteer hours to research and draft a substantial Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for all of us as bargaining unit members of UA-UNM. These efforts cover our working conditions, including, but not limited to, safety, non-discrimination, faculty voice, compensation, and benefits. Your input through conversations with organizers and your responses to surveys have been invaluable. With your continued input, action, and membership, we will persist in building and strengthening our membership in solidarity.
Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) Proposals Here we are providing you the proposals for the CBA that we’ve been working on during our negotiations with the Administration this year. As you know, negotiations are a back and forth process that can take months, and evolve and change. We want you to see what we have proposed as an entire first proposal for our first CBA, along with the Administration’s first proposal. We are also posting access to a tracking tool that links to various drafts of articles according to the dates they were originally proposed, and the latest counterproposal that has been made at the table.We have also posted the Spring 2021 COVID Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) for Bargaining Unit 1 (full-time faculty), Bargaining Unit 2 (part-time faculty), and joint communication we signed with the Provost on January 11, 2021. You can also view the most recent MOU on Temporary and Voluntary Reduction in Full-Time Equivalent for Spring 2021 for Unit 1 Faculty by clicking here.
Our work will continue until we have UNM’s first faculty CBA. As proposals are negotiated and revised over the coming weeks, we will continue to keep you updated on as much information as possible.
For Additional Resources and Information:
- UA-UNM first proposal for Collective Bargaining Agreement
- UNM Administration first proposal for Collective Bargaining Agreement
- UA-UNM Bargaining tracking tool – for current counter-proposals from UA-UNM and UNM
- Tentative Agreements
- Fall 2020 COVID MOUs and Joint Communication
- Memorandum of Understanding on Temporary and Voluntary Reduction in Full-time Equivalent for Spring 2021 for Unity 1 Faculty
- Spring 2021 COVID MOUs for Bargaining Unit 1 (full-time faculty),Bargaining Unit 2 (part-time faculty), and Joint Communication (Posted January 11, 2021)